Back in 2002, a group of volunteers were brought together to work towards a
draft Parish Plan for Slaley. Some 14 months later, in February 2004, the final
version of the Plan was presented and adopted by the Parish Council. Since then, the Council has published regular updates, documenting the steady (but sometimes slow) progress with many of the action items in the plan.
As a local government body the Council has statutory responsibilities in many areas. A separate body, the Community Trust, is currently seeking long term funding to begin its work in supporting the Council and the local community.
If you would like to view the original Parish Plan document, this is available on this website in eight sections, each section being a separate PDF (Portable Document Format) file. A number of CDs are also still available on application to the Parish Clerk, Mrs Pat Wilson.
The eight sections (with an indication of their size) are:
- Cover & Contents (3 pages, 373 Kb)
- Introduction (3 pages, 310 Kb)
- Executive Summary (8 pages, 104 Kb)
- Section 1: Background and Basic Facts (3 pages, 389 Kb)
- Section 2: Who We Are and Where We Live (18 pages, 389 Kb)
- Section 3: The Wider Environment Around Us (6 pages, 420 Kb)
- Sections 4-6: Sustaining Our Community and Economy;
Conclusions and Options for the Future; The Issues – Towards a Plan for the Future (20 pages, 573 Kb)
- Section 7: The Action Plan (16 pages, 139 Kb)
- Appendix: Methodology (17 pages, 154 Kb)