The Commemoration Hall is a substantial stone building consisting of a large main hall, a smaller meeting room with bar facilities and a kitchen. Built by Charles Samuel and Agnes Mona Hunting of Slaley Hall to commemorate the safe return of their children from the First World War, it was given to the community at the end of December 1922, to be managed by trustees.
Regular activities: These include meetings of the Women’s Institute, Slaley Film Club, Parish Council meetings, Mother & Toddler group, Badminton, Keep Fit and Carpet Bowls.
Main hall: 14.4 m x 7.5 m, maximum capacity 150.
Meeting room: 5.6 m x 4.6 m, maximum capacity 30.
Kitchen: 4.7 m x 4.0 m, a well equipped kitchen with modern range cooker, refrigerator, microwave, commercial dishwasher and place settings for 100 people.
Other rooms: Toilets (ladies & gentlemen), storage area.
Access: Wheelchair access is provided to the main entrance, and from one emergency exit. Disabled toilet facilities are provided off the main hall.
Facilities & equipment:
Flexible staging can be erected in the Hall and elsewhere when needed; a PA system with induction loop is also available.
The hall is continually warmed and aired throughout by gas central heating, which can be varied at the turn of a knob, and a heat extractor fan is installed. Portable staging and disabled toilet facilities make the Hall a very economical venue for many proceedings, especially those wanting to cater for their own party, fashion show or various fund raising events.
Unlicensed bar facility in the meeting room (hirers must obtain their own Temporary Event Notice).
Parking: Off-road parking is available for a limited number of cars or vans on the hall forecourt.
Available for hire:
- Meetings or conferences
- Parties & private functions
- Fairs & sales, exhibitions
- Indoor sports
- Music & dancing
- Social events
Contacts: Keith Robson (Chairman) (01434) 673200
Margaret Weatherley (Treasurer) (01434) 673495
David & Ann Wright (Bookings) (01434) 673366