Slaley, Healey & Minsteracres Local History Club
2013 dates for Local History Club, (normally) fourth Monday of seven months.
September Monday 23rd Liz Sobell “The Bolbeck Common Enclosure”. You can read a report of Liz’s talk here - LH Report Sept
October Monday 21st * one week early Bill Saunders “Bessie Surtees”.
November Monday 25th Gordon Scorer “The Great Flood of 1771 and
the Bridges on the River Tyne”.
No meeting in December
Refreshments and a local history display will be available to look over after the Talk.
For more information contact Pat Wilson 673388, email: HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Ian Hancock 673502, email: HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com,co.uk” firstname.lastname@example.org,co.uk
For updates of the Dukesfield Smelters and Carriers Project visit: www.hexhamshire.org.uk
Published articles on this topic:
- Dukesfield Lead Mill project wins Heritage Lottery Fund grant!
- Local History Club
- Local History Club – Elfie Waren talk
- Local History Club – Bobby Johnson Slide Show
- Local History – Reminder
- Dukesfield Archaeological Survey
- Dukesfield Smelters project public meeting
- Contractor appointed for Dukesfield project.
- Local History Club visit, June 18th 2012
- A first step for the Smelters & Carriers project!
- History – Catherine Dixon, 26 March
- History – 100 Years of Fashion, 27th February
- First meeting
- The Slaley, Healey & Minsteracres History Club is launched
Old newspapers provide fascinating information about the village. We will display interesting cuttings here from time to time.
This one appeared in the Newcastle Courant in 1774. Note the matter-of-fact way in which it reports that no fewer than five of his children died before he did – not the “good old days”.