Slaley Parish Council normally meets at 7.30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month in Slaley Commemoration Hall. An agenda is pasted on the Parish Notice Board (corner of Slaley Churchyard) within the statutory notice period.
Quarterly updates of the Parish Plan ‘Action Plan’ keep the recommendations for parish improvements firmly at the forefront of many decisions taken during monthly meetings. A Hexham Courant reporter is invited to Slaley Parish Council meetings, as are Jean Elphick and Catherine Lincoln for the Slaley Notes column. The official minutes are posted on the Slaley website after their adoption by the Council.
The Councillors after the latest elections (held in May 2007) are as follows:
- Chairman: Ian C Hancock, Glen Lodge, Slaley, Hexham, NE47 0BN (Telephone: 673502).
Ian joined the Council in April 2005. He represents Slaley Parish Council on the 4 Parishes BOATs Joint Committee. Ian is the first member on the Planning Application team for Slaley Parish Council (see agenda item 12, page 372 of December 10th 2007 minutes & 7b (Brian Massey), page 379 January 14th 2008 minutes). Ian also represents the parish on the Rural Parishes Community Forum.
- Vice Chairman: Carolyn A Brooks, Heatherden House, Trygill, Slaley, Hexham, NE47 0BY (Telephone: 673032).
Carolyn joined the Council in October 2005 Represents the south-west area of the parish and also is the second member of the planning application team. Carolyn also represents the parish on the Rural Parishes Community Forum.
- Linda Norris, West Cornerfield, Slaley, Hexham. NE47 0BS (Telephone: 673503).
Linda joined the Council in May 1999. Linda is the third member of the planning application team.
- Ann Robson, Ballandaine, Slaley, Hexham. NE47 0BQ (Telephone: 673900).
Ann joined the Council in May 2003.
- David Allsop, Clairmont, Slaley. Hexham, NE47 0AD (Telephone: 673686). David was co-opted in March 2012.
- Tom Henderson, Deneside, Wooley, Hexham. NE46 1TY (Telephone: 673605). Rejoined November 2012.
The Parish Clerk is:
Patricia Wilson, Lawn House, Slaley, Hexham. NE47 0AS (Telephone: 673388, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pat is the 2011 PC representative on the Commemoration Hall Management Committee.
County Councillor: Colin W. Horncastle, Highfield Farm, Catton, NE47 9QT (Telephone: 618259, E-mail: email@example.com)
Councillor Horncastle attends meetings when possible.
Northumberland County Council: 0845 600 6400.