Slaley Community Trust was launched in March 2005, and has as its principal aim ”to help promote the quality of life in Slaley Parish.” We do this by working with the Parish Council and with other groups or organisations in the parish.
Membership of the Trust is open to any person over the age of 18 years and living within Slaley Parish. The Constitution was formally adopted in March 2005, and a copy is available here.
The Trust is managed by an executive committee elected annually at the AGM together with the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. The current committee members are:
- Carolyn Brooks
- David Allsop (Secretary)
- Margaret Weatherley (Treasurer)
- Michael Elphick
- Michael Darrington
- Norman Watson (Chairman)
The Trust holds an Annual General Meeting each year, at which annual reports are presented and the officers and members of the Committee are elected. The annual reports and accounts from previous years are listed below:
- Overview of accounts 2011-2012
- Community Trust Accounts 2011-2012
- Annual Report 2010-11
- Annual Report 2010
- Annual Report 2009
- Annual Report 2008
- Annual Report 2007
- Annual Report 2006
Previous articles about the Trust:
- Progress with the Rose & Crown!
- Public meeting about the Rose & Crown
- The Rose & Crown survey: summary of results
- More on the Rose & Crown
- The Slaley Business Directory
- The Rose & Crown: Your views are needed!
- Update on the Rose & Crown
- Where to buy locally?
- Slaley’s Diamond Jubilee!
- Closure of the Rose & Crown
- Oil buying: latest news
- Combine to reduce your oil costs!
- The Community Play & Sports Area
- Sport and Play in Slaley
- Slaley Community Trust AGM
- The Community Trust AGM
- Slaley Community Trust needs new blood!
- The Slaley Parish Plan