The Community Shop
Residents of Slaley and the surrounding area have long been proud of their village shop and when the opportunity came along to purchase it in 2017 the community stepped in and bought it.
Slaley Community Shop is now run purely by volunteers. It stocks a wide range of essential products and boasts:
- a tempting selection of locally sourced items including:
- cheeses from Slack House Organic Farm
- meat products from Robson and Sons, together with pies, fish and pates from Ridley’s Fish and Game
- dairy products from Marley Cote Walls Farm
- honey from the Honey Store
- an eclectic and very fine wine selection together with locally brewed beers
- a small but carefully-chosen range of gifts and cards
- a small recycling facility
- a warm friendly welcome and an insight into village life
The shop also acts as a small newsagents stocking both national newspapers and a range of magazines.
A great little self-service café is also available on site and drinks can be enjoyed both inside, or outside in our small garden.
If you need shopping in the village, just passing through, or staying locally and need some supplies, why not drop in and see what we have to offer!
For further information about the shop and opening times visit our website at www.slaleyshop.co.uk
Slaley - the best recycling village in the UK! Well, that’s our ambition, with the Community Environmental Group and Community Shop combining to help recycle items that cannot currently be put in to our Local Authority bins.
The village shop’s metal shed - Shedquarters - is where you can drop-off household batteries and printer cartridges, and plastic cheese wrappers from any cheese company, with further initiatives to follow,